About the product
This product is designed and manufactured exclusively by Classic Design Concepts. The panel is an injection molded, UV stable ABS plastic that can be installed as is, or painted if desired. If you choose to paint, we recommend the part be painted by a professional automotive paint facility to ensure the quality of the part. We also recommend the bake cycle not exceed 115°F. Please read instructions before installation and test fit part before painting.
- Pre-taped trim panel
- Instruction guide
- Vinyl keyhole blackout
- GT Emblem (option)
Failure to follow instructions may result in loss of this product. Classic Design Concepts is not responsible for improperly installed Deck Lid Trim Panel. Deck Lid Trim Panel must be installed at a temperature of 70°F or above. If necessary, warm the vehicle and Trim Panel areas with a heat gun or hair dryer.
Removing Rear Emblem
- Tape area around emblem (Figure 1). Warm emblem with a heat gun or hair drier (Figure 2). Caution: Do not overheat! Inset a plastic or wooden wedge between the emblem and Deck Lid to remove (Figure 3). Note: Emblem is not intended to be reused.
- Clean Deck Lid and wipe with isopropyl alcohol to remove wax. It is imperative that any wax be removed from the vehicle at the tape contact area for proper adhesion of Trim Panel.
- Create pull-tabs. Peel approximately 2" of red backing from the 4 individual pieces of tape on the backside of the rear Deck Lid Trim Panel to create pull-tabs (Figure 4).
Installing Rear Deck Lid Trim Panel
- Center the Trim Panel on Deck Lid side to side. The Trim Panel should be approximately 1/16" from the edge on both sides and along the bottom of the Deck Lid. Once proper location has been achieved, press Trim Panel to deck lid while pulling the red backing from behind the Trim Panel. Firmly press on Trim Panel to seat the Acrylic tape. (Figures 5 & 6).
Installing the optional GT emblem:
- Clean the area where the emblem attaches with isopropyl alcohol and allow time to dry.
- Remove the locator pins from the backside of the emblem
- Peel the paper backing from the emblem, carefully align emblem and stick to Trim Panel. Apply pressure to the emblem to set the adhesive tape.
Thank you for choosing Classic Design Concepts for your restyling needs. If you have any questions or concerns regarding installation please contact email@example.com or call 866-624-7997