Please read complete instructions be/ore starting Throttle Body Installation and make sure you have all the tools for the job
PARTS INCLUDED IN THIS KIT
- 1-BBK Throttle Body Assembly
- 2-M5 x 30mm TPS Screws
- 1-Pipe Plug
- 1-Black Plastic TPS Bushing
- 4-M6 x 30mm Throttle Body Screws
! FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE!
Match the intake opening to the new throttle body size
Although, Ihis is not mandatory, it will maximize intake flow
1. Set parking brake on vehicle and disconnect negative battery terminal.
2. Loosen the two hose clamps and remove inlet air tube connecting the throttle body and airbox. Disconnect PCV, Idle Air Control (ICA) tube and inlet air temperature sensor connector if applicable.
3. Disconnect the return spring from the linkage and unhook the throttle cable by opening the throttle manually and slipping the cable from the cam groove. Disconnect the cruise control cable if applicable.
4. Disconnect the throttle position sensor.
5. Remove the four bolts securing the throttle body to the intake; remove the factory throttle body.
6. Remove the throttle position sensor from the factory throttle body. You must use an impact screwdriver to remove the TPS screw (to avoid rounding off the Phillips head) due to the use of Locktite on the factory fasteners,
7. In the event that the factory screw are rounded off and can't be removed the head of the screws will have to be round off to r ovtl/le TPS.
8. Install the throttle position sensor on the new throttle body using supplied screws. Be sure the black plastic TPS bushing is in place before securing the TPS.
9. On models that do not require the large lAG porting hole between the throttle bores simply install supplied pipe plug from backside of throttle body, tighten very snug to prevent plug from loosing.
10. Using the supplied screws and gaskets, install the new throttle body on the intake manifold and secure. Reattach the throttle cable, TPS sensor connector, return springs and cruise control cable is applicable.
11. Reinstall inlet tube between airbox and throttle body. Be sure to reconnect the PVC tube, idle air control tube and inlet air temperature sensor if applicable.
12. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
13. Start the engine and run until it is at operating temperature, then turn engine off.
14. Turn idle screw counter clockwise until you can see between the screw and the throttle linkage (.010 With feeler gauge). T hen turn clockwise exactly one full turn.
15. Double check all fasteners and clamps to ensure they are all secure.