2010 MUSTANG LOWER QUARTER SIDE SCOOPS
Notice: Pre fit before painting! Install new, unpainted parts according to these Instructions. Then remove parts, paint them and re-Install. Painted or Altered Parts are Non-Refundable! After the parts have been primed and painted install the double sided tape! The surface where the 3M double sided tape is contacting must be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and be a minimum of 75 degrees F constant through out the drying process! Allow the 2-sided tape to dry 24 hours before driving!
STEP 1: Included in the hardware packet is a roll of 3M double sided tape. After the scoops have been painted, install the double sided tape along the guidelines an 1/8" away from the outer edge of the part as shown in fig.A. Mask off the red backing with 2" masking tape, so that the center Inside Portion of the scoop is exposed . Scuff the inside surface with a gray scuff pad and paint it with flat black pamt. (This portion of the scoop can be seen through.) Repeat on the opposite scoop.
URETHANE PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS
1. To remove any mold release contaminants, clean the back of the part first. Using 2 new clean rags, saturate the first rag with plastic prep cleaner* and begin cleaning. Then use the second rag to remove the prep cleaner. Continuously fold both rags to their clean sides during the process. Use 3 sets of new rags throughout the process. This prevents mold release contaminants from transferring to the painted surface.
2. Repeat step one on the front of the part.
3. Rinse the part with water. Apply a generous amount of Ajax® or sand fix* to a red scuff pad* (3M Scotch Brite Brand) and scrub the surface to be painted THOROUGHLY (especially where the 2-sided tape is installed, on the back side of the part, and all the hard to reach areas). Then rinse with water and dry. The scrubbed surface should be dull. If any shiny spots show, repeat the process on those areas.
4. Using another set of clean new rags, again clean the surface to be painted with plastiC prep cleaner.
5. Spray the surface to be painted with adhesion promoter* including the areas where the 2-sided tape is installed (follow the instructions on the can for application and drying time).
6. Apply 3 to 4 coats of urethane primer* with flex additive* (follow the instructions on the can for application and drying time).
7. Wet sand primer with 600 grit sandpaper. Be careful not to sand through the primer. If you do, you MUST clean those areas with plastiC prep cleaner, apply adhesion promoter and prime. Once the primer has dried, wet sand the areas that were touched up. Your surface is now ready for paint.
* These items can be purchased at any aul\) body supply store.
Note: Make sure you PRIME and PAINT the areas where the 2-sided tape is used as you would if it was the finished sided of the part. The tape adheres best when it is applyed to a painted surface.