12. Connecting the Brake Light
Now that the bar is in the car and bolted down, you will need to connect the wires for the brake light. You will find the main wiring harness on the driver-side rear seat area; it is a long rectangular box. After cutting away the black tape, pull out the wires from the box. You will need to find the Red wire with a Green stripe for 94-98 models OR Solid Green for 99-04 models and a solid black wire. Using the 2 dark blue connectors, tap into each wire. Then crimp the light blue connectors to the wires form the light bar. Plug connectors together. Test the brake light by depressing brake pedal. If light does not work, reverse your connections as the LED is polarized.
13. Reinstall your back seat:
Reinstall by reversing step 1.
Once the light bar is installed, check the seat belt clearance on the driver seat and passenger seat in the full upright position and each consecutive position back. If the seat belt retainer is hitting the bar, gently bend retainer down. Failure to do so could result in the damage to the Light Bars vinyl finish. CDC will not be responsible for any damage that may occur if this step was not taken.
14. Checking Belt Clearance after Light Bar is installed:
1999 & 2004 Mustang Bulletin
Due to the larger size of the seat belt shoulder loop on the 1999 & 04 Mustang, modifications of this loop is necessary or the purchase of new loop is recommended PART # (Left) – F4ZZ 76610C07 A (Right) – F4ZZ 76610C06 A
1. Lift headrest and headrest support bars trim all the way up.
2. Insert tongue depressor (or slim jim) down the front side of the headrest bar. Push depressor down as far as possible. When the depressor is beneath the headrest trim piece, push headrest all of the way down.
3. Lift headrest to remove.
4. Bend seat belt shoulder strap loop down so that the leg that attaches under headrest is flat.
5. Remove seatbelt loop fasteners with torx bit.
6. With template shown below, center punch for new holes and mark for cut off.
7. Drill 1/8” Pilot holes.
8. Drill 13/32” hole in plastic only (on topside only)
9. Drill 19/64” hole through remaining material.
10. Cut off end on along cut off line.
11. Clean off any burs and re-install.