- Place disk on flywheel, making sure the sides are as labeled.
- Use the alignment tool to keep the disk held in place while installing the pressure plate.
- Install pressure plate at 33 ft/lbs 60 degrees and use blue thread locker. Make sure you install a few bolts because the dowel pins will not hold it up by themselves, but make sure it is lined up on the pins.
- MAKE SURE THE ALINMENT TOOL SLIDES IN AND OUT EASILY TO ENSURE THAT THE DISK IS NOT BOUND.
19. Transmission installation:
- Critical step is to jack the front of the motor up to tilt the rear down.
- Make sure to grease the dowel pins for easier installation.
- Install transmission. You may have trouble getting the dowel pins lined up & may take a little wiggling.
- Next, install the bolts back into the bell-housing and torque down to 28 to 38 ft/lbs.
- Now you can remove the jack from under the motor.
20. Re-install transmission cross member.
21. Plug in sensors into transmission.
22. Re-install viewing plate on front of the bell-housing.
23. Re-install starter.
24. Re-install cross bar underneath bell housing.
25. Re-install Driveshaft:
- Remember to line up your markings on the driveshaft and differential
- Torque bolts down to 76 ft/lbs.
26. Re-install mid-pipe back on the car:
- Replace the gasket on the passenger side depending on the condition; it’s better to replace it to prevent leaks rather than re-using the old gasket.
- Plug in O2 sensors.
27. Re-install clutch cable by prying the clutch fork (same as tear down).
28. Now you are ready to fill the transmission:
- Use (3) quarts Dextron/Mercron to fill up the transmission.
- Add (1) quart of transmission friction additive first if you feel the need.
- Not required but will increase life of the transmission!
- Use (4) quarts total!
29. Re-install shifter:
- Make sure you clean the surface of the transmission and underside of shifter.
- Add a bead on blue gasket maker all the way around the transmission to seal the shifter.
- Reverse step 1 to complete the install.
30. Adjust clutch as needed via firewall adjuster or other method.
31. Take the car off jack stands.