- Use only the recommended OEM intake gaskets with this manifold.
- Fully clean the intake manifold and cylinder head flanges. No sealants or adhesives are necessary.
- Install the manifold on the block. Lightly coat the manifold bolts with 30W motor oil then gently thread them into the heads to hold the intake in place. Do not apply any torque to the bolts at this time.
- Install the thermostat and allow it to drop into the machined recess. The o-ring supplied with the thermostat should then be pressed in and compressed by the thermostat housing.
- The manifold bolts (including the thermostat housing bolts) can now be tightened according to the torque sequence (See Figure 1).
Installation instructions provided by Edelbrock