Please Note: This guide was completed using the Flowmaster Axle-back; however, the same basic process is used for any brand. Please note the number of hangers your axle-back has: some have 3 (like this guide shows) while some have 2.
- Use a 15mm socket to loosen the nut on the clamp connection between the muffler and the over-axle pipe. You may want to have a support stand under the muffler during removal.
- There are (3) hangers that support the muffler. Each hanger has (2) bolts securing them to the frame.
- Use a 13mm socket to remove the bolts that secure the muffler hangers to the frame.
- Use a 13mm wrench to remove the bolts above the muffler.
- Remove the muffler.
- Take the hanger mounts from stock muffler and put them on the new muffler.
- Place the ring clamp that came with the muffler (Part #MC250R) onto the inlet pipe of the muffler.
- Slide the muffler back onto the over-axle pipe and support muffler with a stand.
- Re-attach the muffler hangers with the 13mm bolts. You’ll need a 13mm box wrench to tighten the horizontal hanger bolt located over the top of the muffler.
- Tighten the ring clamp at the connection with a 15mm deep socket.
- Check to make sure everything is secure.
- Enjoy your new muffler!
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Chris Halter 3.30.12