1. Raise the vehicle up on a hoist or rack to working height. If you do not have access to a hoist or rack raise the vehicle and support securely with jack stands.
2. Separate the steel tailpipe hangers from the rubber mounts at the rear of each tailpipe. A lubricant may ease removal.
3. Using a hacksaw or sawsall, cut the stock tailpipes off, approximately 2” behind the muffler case.
4. Remove stock tailpipes from the vehicle.
5. Support the stock mufflers with stands.
6. Separate the steel muffler hangers from the rubber mounts at the rear of each muffler. A lubricant will usually ease removal.
7. Remove the two nuts at the muffler to catalytic to converter connections.
8. Remove the stock mufflers from the vehicle.
1. Before installing anything, prep the clamps supplied in the hardware kit by removing the outstand applying a thick lubricant such as white grease or anti-seize to the threads.
2. Position muffler#942548-183into the stock location on the right side of the vehicle. Slide the flange on the pipe up to the flange on the head pipe and reinstall the stock nuts onto the studs. Connect the hanger rod at the rear of the muffler to the rubber mount on the vehicle. Repeat for the left side with muffler#942548-182.
3. Slip the right side tailpipe #16233 over the axle and into the right muffler outlet. Slide tailpipe hanger-rod into the stock rubber hanger at the rear of the vehicle. Install a 2 1/2" clamp and tighten enough to hold in place but still allow for adjustment. Repeat this step on the left side using tailpipe#16232.
4. Adjust the position of all pipes and muffler to provide a satisfactory fit. A minimum of 3/4”clearance around all parts of the system must be maintained; while also keeping suspension travel and vibration in mind.
5. Tighten all clamped connections down securely. Slide the supplied 7/16” hanger keeper onto the end of the hangers located at the rear of the mufflers and tailpipes. Slide them up to the rubber mounts to firmly hold the system in place.
6. For a cleaner appearance and more secure installation, we highly recommend welding all slipfit connections. If you live in a geographical area that has harsh winters or sees a great deal of precipitation, the use of high temperature paint over the welded areas can help to prevent surface rust and premature corrosion.
|2||2 1/2" Saddle clamps||MC250S|
|4||7/16" hangers keepers||HW502|