1. Raise the vehicle up on a hoist or rack to working height. If you do not have access to a hoist or rack, raise the vehicle and support securely with jack stands.
2. Separate the steel tailpipe hangers from the rubber mounts at the rear of each tailpipe. A lubricant may ease removal.
3. Using a hacksaw or sawsall, cut the stock tailpipes off approximately 2” behind the muffler case. Remove the stock tailpipes from the vehicle and set aside.
4. Support the stock mufflers with stands. Using a 10mm wrench, remove the two bolts on the rear of each muffler, which connect the hangers.
5. Remove the two bolts at the muffler to catalytic converter connections.
1. Before installing anything, prep the clamps supplied in the hardware kit by removing the nuts, and applying a thick lubricant such as white grease or anti-seize to the threads.
2. Position the right muffler #942553-101 on the right side of the car in the stock location. Install nuts at the front flange connection. Note: If the studs do not line up with the holes there are two probable causes: The studs may have been bent from over tightening and can be straightened by bending back. There are also nuts on the back side of the studs that can be loosened, which will allow some adjustment of the spread.
3. Connect the hanger located behind the right muffler using the stock self tapping bolts.
4. Slip the tailpipe #16211 over the rear axle and into the muffler outlet. Install a 2 1/2” clamp and tighten enough to hold, but still allow for adjustment.
5. Slide the tailpipe hanger-rod into the stock rubber hanger at the rear of the vehicle.
6. Repeat these steps on the left side of the vehicle using muffler #942553-103 and tailpipe #16210.
7. Adjust and align the position of all the pipes and mufflers to provide a satisfactory fit. Maintain at least 1/2” clearance around the new FLOWMASTER Exhaust System, the drivetrain and all chassis components. Also keep suspension travel in mind.
8. After the slip-fits have been welded, place the supplied 7/16” hanger keepers onto the end of the hanger located at the rear of the tailpipes. Slide them up to the rubber mounts. This will hold the system securely in place.
9. For a cleaner appearance and more secure installation, we highly recommend welding all slipfit connections. If you live in a geographical area that has harsh winters or sees a great deal of precipitation, the use of high temperature paint over the welded areas can help to prevent surface rust and premature corrosion.
|2||2 1/2" Clamp||MC250S|
|2||7/16” Hanger Keepers|