NOTE: This installation uses the decal with the ‘5.0’ lettering. The same process can be followed for any style hood accent decal.
How to Install:
- Wash your car to get all the dirt off.
- Dry the car with a towel; make sure no fibers are on the hood.
- Mix baby shampoo (about 4oz of shampoo to 24oz of water) and put it into the spray bottle.
- Spray the hood with the baby shampoo and water; be generous with how much you apply.
- Begin to take the paper off one side of the decal.
- Spray the decals adhesive side with the soapy mixture.
- Lay the decal down on the hood; the soap allows you to move the decal around on the hood.
- Line the decal up with the lines of the hood and when you get it the way you want grab the squeegee.
- Use the squeegee to press all the soap out of the decal.
- Once most of the soap is out of the decal, begin to remove the paper at a sharp angle from the thinnest part of the decal first.
- Once all the paper is off, get the squeegee and a towel and wrap the squeegee in the towel.
- Gently press the squeegee against the decal and push the air bubbles out.
- Repeat the process for the other side.
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Mike Russo 4.17.12