Thank you for purchasing our product. We hope you are satisfied with the look and performance. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us first before going to the internet. Take your time and it will be a smooth install.
Carbon Fiber Attention for part# CFCAI127-FMG-11: This kit is made from real Carbon Fiber, which is known for its light weight and extreme strength. When tightening all hose clamps, ONLY snug them with nothing more then a nut driver or screwdriver. Even though they are very strong, it is possible to tighten the clamp too much and crack the gel coat.
A tune specific for this intake is required when installing this kit. Failure to add a tune specific for the JLT intake may result in major engine damage. ***DO NOT INSTALL KIT AND DRIVE WITHOUT A TUNE! ***
Please review complete instructions prior to installing.
We find it easiest to install the kit as a complete assembly; however, it can be done one piece at a time. Here is a walk though:
1. Verify you have all of the following parts included in the kit:
(1) JLT Carbon Fiber or Plastic Intake Pipe with PCV Fitting (1) 5” ID x 2” Silicone Coupler (1) 5”x9” Air Filter, (1) JLT Heat Shield, (2) 80 Clamps, (2) MAF Screws, (1) vacuum plug
2. Gather all of the following tools needed for the installation:
5/16 Nut Driver, 10mm; 13mm Socket and Ratchet, #20 Torx Driver, and Phillips Head Screwdriver
3. Install Tune for JLT Intake – Refer to instructions included with the Tuner.
4. Remove the stock intake from the throttle body to the airbox. There is only one bolt on the airbox and the clamp at the throttle body.
5. Install JLT Heat Shield using the stock air box bolt and supplied nut.