Thank you for purchasing our product. We hope you are satisfied with the look and performance. Take your time and it will be a smooth install.A tune specific for this intake is required when installing this kit. Failure to add a tune specific for the JLT intake may result in major engine damage.
***DO NOT INSTALL KIT AND DRIVE WITHOUT A TUNE! ***
Please review complete instructions prior to installing.
- Verify you have all of the following parts included in the kit:
(1) JLT Intake tube W/ PCV fitting, (1) 3.5” coupler, (2) 56 size clamps, (1) 4.5x9 Air Filter, (1) Heat Shield, (1) Sound Tube Cap, (1) Firewall plug, (1) Automatic fitting kit, (2) MAF screws (1) nut.
- Gather all of the following tools needed for the installation: 5/16 nut driver, 10mm socket, ratchet, extension, T-20 torx driver, Phillips head screw driver
- Install Tune for JLT Intake – Refer to instructions included with the Tuner.
- If you have the strut tower bar, remove it. Remove your engine cover by pulling straight up. Next remove the stock airbox by loosing the clamp at the throttle body and removing the 10mm bolt in airbox. Unplug the PCV, sound tube and MAF plug and remove as a unit
- Install the JLT heat shield by slipping it under the air inlet duct, lining the front hole up with the
stud on the fan shroud and secure it with the supplied nut, then use the stock airbox bolt to
secure it to the car.
- Remove the stock MAF sensor from your airbox using a T-20 torx driver and install in the JLT
tube using the supplied screws.
- AUTOMATIC CARS ONLY: Drill a 1/2” hole 1/2” above the PCV grommet, insert Automatic
grommet and fitting. See pictures below.
- Attach coupler and clamps to the small end of the JLT tube and the air filter to the large end.
#CFCAI-FMG-11; #CAI-FMG-11; CAI-FMG11-P have a 3.5x2" coupler
#CFCAI-FMG11-BC; #CAI-FMG11-BC; CAI-FMG11-P-BC have a 3.5x3" coupler
- Install the coupler end on the throttle body and rotate down to sit in the heat shield and tighten clamps. The tube will sit on the heat shield gasket and the rubber end of the filter will rest on the apron panel.
CLAMPS ONLY NEED TO BE SNUG-DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN
- SOUND TUBE USED: If you are using this, squeeze clamp and install onto fitting on JLT tube.
SOUND TUBE NOT USED: Unbolt sound diaphragm behind shock tower and remove the entire
unit. Then use supplied hole plug to cover hole in firewall from sound tube hose and the supplied
cap on the fitting in the JLT tube.
- Plug in the MAF, connect the PCV line and reinstall the engine cover. Installation is complete.