| ||Desc||Qty.||Part #|
|A||hose clamp #72||2||08671|
|B||silicone hose ||1||08623|
|C||intake tube (DM)||1||087108|
|D||hose barb 1/4"npt-1/2" ||1||080022|
|E||hose clamp #52 ||2||08610|
|H||split lock washer, 1/4||4||08198|
|I||bolt; 6mm-1.00x20mm allen||4||07852|
|J||mass air gasket||2||09984|
|M||filter adapter #250||1||08785|
|N||hose clamp #104||1||08697|
|P||edge trim 19” ||1||102451|
NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND NOT USING THE PROVIDED HARDWARE MAY DAMAGE THE INTAKE TUBE, THROTTLE BODY, AND ENGINE.
- Turn the ignition OFF and disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the mass air sensor electrical connection.
- Loosen the hose clamp on the intake tube at the throttle body.
- Loosen and remove the bolt that secures the air cleaner assembly to the inner fender.
- Detach the crank case vent hose from the intake tube.
- Separate the intake tube duct at fresh air intake inlet.
- Remove the entire intake assembly from the vehicle.
Note: K&N recommends that customers do not discard factory air intake.
- Loosen the hose clamp and detach the intake tube from the mass air sensor.
- Loosen and remove the four bolts retaining the mass air sensor to the airbox, remove the mass air sensor.
- Separate the cold air duct from the airbox assembly.
- Install the 1/4 trim into the heat shield as shown.
NOTE: Trim as necessary to obtain a 1/2” gap at the small end of the opening as shown.
- Snap the cold air duct removed in step 10 into the K&N heat shield as shown.
- Install the edge trim onto the heat shield as shown. Trim as needed.
- Assemble the mass air sensor, heat shield and adapter using the gaskets and hardware provided.
- Attach the bracket to the mass air sensor as shown.
- Attach silicone hose (08623) to the throttle body as shown.
- Install provided crank case vent fitting into K&N intake tube as shown.
- Attach silicone hose (08630) to the mass air sensor as shown.
- Attach the K&N intake tube to the mass air sensor using the hose clamp provided.
Note: Do not tighten completely at this time.
- Attach the air filter element to the adapter using the provided hose clamp.
- Loosen and remove the nut from the stud that secures the a/c line bracket on the front of engine.
- Install the K&N intake assembly, by sliding the bracket onto the protruding a/c line mounting stud as shown. Reconnect the fresh air duct to the hood scoop.
- Secure the silicone hose to the throttle body using the hose clamp provided.
- Secure the bracket to the a/c line mounting stud with the nut removed in step #20.
- Install the crank case vent hose to the K&N intake tube.
- Reconnect the mass air sensor electrical connection.
- Reconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable. Double check to make sure everything is tight and properly positioned before starting the vehicle.
- The C.A.R.B. exemption sticker, (attached), must be visible under the hood so that an emissions inspector can see it when the vehicle is required to be tested for emissions. California requires testing every two years, other states may vary.
- It will be necessary for all FIPK's to be checked periodically for realignment, clearance and tightening of all connections. Failure to follow the above instructions or proper maintenance may void warranty.
- Start the engine with the transmission in neutral or park, and the parking brake engaged. Listen for air leaks or odd noises. For air leaks secure hoses and connections. For odd noises, find cause and repair before proceeding. This kit will function identically to the factory system except for being louder and much more responsive.
- Test drive the vehicle. Listen for odd noises or rattles and fix as necessary.
- If road test is fine, you can now enjoy the added power and performance from your kit.
- K&N suggests checking the air filter element periodically for excessive dirt build-up. When the element becomes covered in dirt (or once a year), service it according to the instructions on the Recharger service kit, part number 99-5050 or 99-5000.