Note 1: The Metco Motorsports upper control arm is assembled to approximate the length of the OEM upper link. The adjustment procedure is described below.
Note 2: We suggest the installation of our heavy duty mounting bracket when installing this control arm (PN MUB2005 or MUB2011). Please contact Metco Motorsports (or your dealer) for details.
• The lower section of the rear seat must be removed. Push the lower cushion towards the rear of the car and lift to raise the cushion.
• Loosen (but do not remove) the 18mm hex bolt under the seat cushion. Loosen the bolt approximately four turns.
• Lift and support the vehicle with the rear axle assembly hanging free.
• (To improve access to the upper control arm, we loosened and lowered the passenger side tailpipe. The tailpipe was not removed.)
• Support the rear axle under the centersection using a hydraulic jack or similar support.
• Remove the 21mm nuts from the 18mm bolts at the front and rear of the original upper control arm.
• Remove the two 18mm hex head bolts from the upper control arm bracket.
• Slightly raising or lowering the pinion yoke will allow the upper bracket to drop slightly. Remove the bolt from the axle end of the upper control arm.
• Lift the upper control arm from the axle mount and swing the control arm to the passenger side enough to remove the front control arm bolt.
• The replacement Metco Motorsports control arm is installed in the reverse order. The rubber snubber on the Metco arm faces down.
• Tighten all bolts securely while the vehicle's weight is on the suspension, which is necessary to avoid creating a pre-load condition. Use caution and be certain that the vehicle is safely supported.
• To adjust the length of the Metco upper control arm: Loosen the jam nut with a large open end wrench, and turn the adjuster using a %" open end wrench to the desired length. Tighten the jam nut securely.
• Lubricate the bushing using a high-quality chassis lube. Use caution to avoid over-lubrication, which can hydraulic (deform) the bushing.