1. This Electric Water Pump was designed to fit in the stock location on the engine. Check and clean all new pieces for any debris, and peel any plastic material from the supplied Separator Plate
2. When installing, make sure the gasket sealing area on the engine is cleaned of any old sealing material. Use a high quality gasket sealer and the supplied hardware and gaskets to prevent leaks.
3. Place a Gasket onto the timing chain cover, the Separator Plate, a Gasket and the new Electric Water Pump.
Caution:Seal failure will occur if pump is operated without water or coolant in the system or the pump.
4. The bypass hose from the thermostat housing to the Water Pump is not used, and should be blocked off at the thermostat housing The stock accessories (power steering pump, alternator, etc.) may have to be relocated in some cases to ensure clearance between belts, hoses, etc.
5. The accessory drive belt no longer turns the water pump, in applications where the water pump belt drives other accessories, a shorter drive belt will have to be used to bypass the water pump drive. On serpentine belt drive systems, the tensioner/idler pulley may have to be re-located.
6. Incorrect wiring of this pump will cause damage to the pump motor and/or your engine. The Red Wire is Positive and should be connected to a 12 or 16 Volt, 20 Amp fused source The Black Wire is Negative and should be connected to a suitable ground such as the engine or chassis.
Installation instructions provided by Moroso