**Please note: This install guide was completed using the Pre-painted Side Scoops. However, the installation will be the same for all side scoops that install using 3M double-sided bonding tape. Keep in mind, not all brand/style scoops come with inserts for scoop openings.
- Open your AmericanMuscle package and check to make sure all the items have arrived and were safely packaged. Your package should include: (2) pre-painted side scoops, (2) honeycomb inserts, and (4) alcohol wipes.
- Carefully unwrap the side scoops and honeycomb inserts making sure when laying the side scoops aside, to place them on either the package wrapping or a soft material in order to not scratch the painted parts.
- Use the supplied alcohol wipes to carefully wipe down the inside of the side scoops where the honeycomb inserts will go. Next, use the alcohol wipes on the surface of the car around the edges of where the side scoops will be applied.
- Peel the backing from the adhesive tape on the back of the honeycomb insert. Place the honeycomb insert inside the side scoop opening, making sure to line it up. Once inserted, push down from top to bottom to ensure they stick securely in place. Repeat for other side scoop.
- Before permanently installing the scoops, it is recommended to test fit the scoops against the car to see exactly where they should be placed. They should line up with the body line and curved contour lines of your Mustang.
- Once you have decided on the placement of the side scoops, its time to peel the backing off the automotive double sided 3M tape. NOTE: Be careful after peeling off the adhesive backing not to touch the tape or set the side scoops tape side down in order to keep the tape as adhesive as possible.
- Gently place the side scoop against the car, lining it up evenly along the body and contoured lines like you previously did. Once the side scoop is lined up, push down around the edges of the scoop applying enough force for the adhesive 3M tape to stick securely to the surface of your car.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 on the opposite side of the car to apply the other side scoop. Once the side scoops are installed, double check their placement and then gently apply force on the edges to secure their positions.
- Enjoy the aggressive look of your new side scoops.
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Robby Hamoud 3.1.12