22. Now that the wiring job is completed, place the Smart Junction Box back where it came from. Push the top into place first, and then slide the bottom into place over the bolt. Tighten the nut back down to hold the Smart Junction Box into place, and then reinstall the interior panels that were removed. Once everything is back in place, reconnect the battery.
23. You’ll need to program the One Touch Top Module using the following instructions. Keep in mind, that you’ll program the Module for both directions of the top’s travel. You can program them independent of one another, as well as in any order.
Programming "Top Down" Function
1. Start with the top up, and the top latches released.
2. Press the top down side of the switch six times, after which the top will revert back to the closed position.
3. Press and hold the top down side of the switch, until the top is completely down. Once it’s down, release the switch.
4. You’ll see the top raise, and then lower itself back down. This confirms it’s properly programmed.
Programming "Top Up" Function
1. Start with the top completely down.
2. Press the top up side of the switch six times, after which the top will revert back to the down position.
3. Press and hold the top up side of the switch, until the top is completely closed. Once it’s closed, release the switch.
4. You’ll see the top reopen slightly, and then close itself. This confirms it’s properly programmed.
Final Notes:After the One Touch Top Module is programmed, simply pressing and releasing the appropriate side of the convertible top up or down switch will raise or lower the top as needed. No other input is required. You can stop the motion by pressing the switch again, or hold the switch down to use the convertible top as it was used prior to the One Touch Top Module’s installation. Note that when the top is raised, the motor will run for a few seconds after it’s closed to make it easier for you to fasten the top’s latches. Also, just as before, the top will still require you to have the vehicle stopped before it will operate as a safety precaution.
Installation instructions provided by AmericanMuscle customer Eric Hege 1.27.09