Header Installation Instructions
General header instructions
CAUTION: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the vehicle's battery. Raise the vehicle and support it firmly on jack stands or ramps.
WARNING: NEVER GO UNDER A VEHICLE SUPPORTED ONL Y BY ITS SERVICE JACK.
- Disconnect and remove all 02 sensors (if equipped) from the exhaust manifold.
- Some applications may require the removal of engine accessories, such as power steering pump, alternator, air pump, air conditioner, etc.
TECH TlP- Before removing any accessories, tag or label connectors and brackets to make reinstallation easier.
- Remove manifold and down pipe (if equipped). Save the factory fasteners, as some applications will require the reuse of them.
NOTE: Some headers will not have the 02 sensor out drilled out. If necessary drill out the 02 sensor on the new header at this time.
- Ensure that the cylinderhead(s} is clean and free of any grease, rust, or gasket material.
- Install the gasket and header. Test fit the header before tightening the fasteners.
- Connect header and gasket to catalytic converter or exhaust pipe.
- Replace accessories (power steering pump, Ale, air pump, etc.)
- Remove jack stands or ramps, and lower the vehicle. Start engine and check for exhaust leaks. Re-torque and retighten fasteners as required.
NOTE: Check and re-tighten all fasteners and clamps after a few days of operation and thereafter periodically.