- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the alternator from the vehicle.
- Remove rear metal black cover.
- With a 5/16" socket remove the 3 through bolts.
- Remove the voltage regulator.
- With a T-20 torx bit or driver remove the 3 screws holding the voltage regulator.
- Install the black terminal block (this looks like your factory voltage regulator).
- Reuse the 3 T-20 regulator screws to install the black terminal block. Careful not to overtighten.
- Reinstall the black rear cover.
- Cut off the actory regulator plug.
- Connect the red wire of our harness to the yellow wire of the factory harness.
- Connect the green wire of our harness to the green wire with red stripe of the factory harness.
- If your factory harness has a white wire with a black stripe it does not get used.
- Install the external regulator on the fender well.
- Use the supplied self tapping screws and attach the external regulator box to the driver side fender well.
- Attach the rectangular shaped plug of our harness to the external regulator.
- Reinstall the alternator and plug our harness into the new terminal block.
- Reconnect the negative terminal to the battery.
Note: to verify effectiveness of this power pack kit we suggest measuring voltage before this installation with a digital volt meter, both at the battery and the alternator output post, then measure again after the installation. Any questions about the installation or the results please contact us.