NOTE: If you have an aftermarket bumper, these steps may vary. Bumper shown is a factory bumper with an aftermarket front lip that does not change mounting points.
5. Gently pry off your bumper cover. Make sure to detach fog lamp harnesses and turn signal harnesses on both sides. Your turn signals have two bulbs each for a total of 4 harnesses to disconnect.
6. Drain your windshield wiper tank. Simply take off the rubber tube located on the small pump attached to the tank. Use drain pan to catch the fluid.
7. Remove your factory windshield wiper tank by removing the 3 nuts using a 10mm socket. The windshield wiper will become loose and you will be able to pull it down gently. These 3 nuts are located on the frame rail to your right (when looking at the car head on), underneath the support beam, and behind the support beam. Just follow the wiper tank’s outline and you can’t miss them.
8. Once removed, use your 9/16” drill bit to drill a hole. This is plastic and will not require a lot of force. However, plastic is slippery and you may want to drill a pilot hole with your dremel if possible but is not required.
9. Once your 9/16” hole is drilled, clean up the plastic shavings. Use your box cutter to clean it up if necessary (a lot of the time, the plastic tends to melt a little from friction). Use 3/8” NPT tap to thread the hole.
10 .Thread the methanol tank fitting from the Snow Performance kit into the hole, using RTV silicone on the threads and outside to ensure a good seal. Let sit and cure completely.
11. Locate passenger frame rail and test fit your 4x4” aluminum plate for fitment. There is a rail pinch on the bottom of the frame rail that will serve as our mounting point. Do not use the actual rail, just the pinch under the rail. Once test fitted, use your power drill and 3/16” bit. Drill two holes using your aluminum plate as a guide. BE SURE THAT THE PLATE IS ORIENTED SO THAT THE PUMP WILL BE PERPENDICULAR TO THE GROUND. SEE STEPS BELOW WHERE PUMP IS MOUNTED.