Yes, I recommend this product
August 26, 2013
A recommended CAI to start your mod
While doing my research for a good cold air intake (CAI) for my vehicle, I came across this product and subsequently purchased this Steeda CAI for my 2008 GT500. There are pros and cons with every product.
1. Price – The price for this CAI is very reasonable, and competitive to other comparable CAIs on the market.
2. Fit – When installing the cold air intake, there was no customization or manipulation required other than tightening clamps and screws. Great fit and design for the application. The installation only took a few hours, but that would be because I took my time and included the removal of the existing air box.
3. Appearance – The blues and stainless steel give this CAI a very appealing appearance and brightens up the engine compartment very nicely.
4. Performance – This CAI required a tune as well, with which I purchased the Bama tuner. Prior to installation I already had an exhaust on my car. After the installation of the CAI and tuner, I noticed a substantial difference in driving performance of my car. Also, prior to installation my exhaust would crackle, which is now virtually non-existent after installation.
1. Parts –
a. The air tube is made out of hard plastic, which isn’t a problem. The aluminum plate for the air sensor is poorly machined, and you can see the roughness on the plate. This could have been machined much nicer, and the Steeda name could have been engraved deeper so that it stands out more.
b. There is an unappealing rubber hose used within this kit, which had a yellow line on it. Some other CAIs out there have fully formed ports for all connections, which is the only reason I gave this product an overall “Good” rating.
2. Appearance – The only improvement to this products appearance, other than the parts used, would be to add something to the open visible area of the stainless steel. This is only a personal preference.
Overall, I’m happy to have this CAI installed on my vehicle for the performance and overall appearance. This CAI gives you a good bang for your buck, and is recommended as one of the first steps for anyone trying to jump into modding their vehicle.