Assembly of the Steeda Cold Air Induction Kit
4. Remove the pev liner from the back of the shield.
5. Bolt the lower air duct to the shield with the provided #10 x 1/2" button head Allen screws and associated lock nuts and washers as seen in figure 4. Bolt the brackets to the shield with the supplied #10 x 5/16" button head Allen screws as seen in figure 5. The ears are to face away from the shield upon installation. The bracket with the large hole in it needs to have the grommet and bolt used to secure the factory airbox transferred over. Also, screw the provided aluminum dowels into the bottom of the larger bracket, as also seen in figure 5, with the supplied 1/4" x 5/8" Hex head bolts and 1/4" flat washers.
6. Attach the mass air flow sensor pipe to the shield assembly by passing the pipe through the hole in the shield and orient it as shown in figure 6. Bolt it to the shield with the provided 1/4" x 3/8" button head Allen screws and 1/4" flat washers.
7. Install the rubber trim around the edges of the shield as shown in figure 7. The larger trim, with the bulb, should go around the top of the shield to seal against the hood liner, while the smaller trim should go around the lower part of the shield.
8. Attach the supplied cone air filter to the velocity stack by sliding it over the outer flange and securing it with the attached hose clamp as seen in figure 8.
9. Remove the mass air flow sensor from the factory airbox lid by removing the two torx screws securing it. Now carefully transfer the sensor into the aluminum mass air flow sensor pipe in the same orientation as it was in the factory airbox lid. Use the two provided #8 x 5/16" button head Allen screws to secure it to the pipe.