INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING TAYLOR 8mm CUSTOM-FIT MODEL SPECIFIC WIRE SETS
- Custom-Fit spark plug wire sets are ready to install. Some sets have an additional coil wire to fit various models.
- Change only one wire at a time starting with the longest. Remove by twisting boot to break seal. Grasp boot and pull with a steady motion. DO NOT pull on the wire.
- Select a new wire that is approximately the same length as the old one.
- Use provided silicone compound and carefully apply a thin coat on the inside of the spark plug boot, distributor boot, and coil boot. This compound will insure proper sealing, prevent arcing and boots sticking to spark plugs. Use a clean cotton swab or similar tool to apply. Read precautionary note.
- Install new wire on spark plug securely. Listen for, or feel the "snap" of the terminal on to the plug. Distributors, coils and male posts should be installed in the same manner.
- For distributors and coils with female sockets, press brass telminal into socket and slide nipple onto tower.
- Repeat steps 2-6 until all leads are installed. Install wire into separations and loops. Inspect wire routing to insure that wires and boots do not come in contact with exhaust manifolds and other high heat, high abrasion areas.
SILICONE LUBRICANT COMPOUND PRECAUTION
WARNING: MAY CAUSE EYE IRRITATION. Do not get in eyes. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and obtain medical attention. Contains Dimethylpolysilozane.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Note: Replace wires one at a time, beginning with the longest wire and V ending with the shortest.
- Place distributor boot over unfinished spark plug wire. Tip: use silicone spray, WD40, or other lubricant to slide boot on easier.
- Strip away % inch of plug wire �] ) insulation to expose wire conductor core. NOTE: Special care must be taken to avoid damaging the outer coating of the resistor core.
- Fold the conductor core over the spark plug wire insulation.
- Place metal terminal over folded conductor and spark plug wire insulation. NOTE: Ensure the conductor core is folded back and in contact with terminal.
- Slightly bend the crimp terminal inwards. This allows the crimp tool to easily fit over the terminal.
- Crimp terminal onto spark plug wire.*
- Slide distributor boot over terminal.
- Route new wire through same brackets as old wires. Press terminals and boots firmly onto spark plug and into distributor cap.