12. Install the TCI shifter using the same bolts and nuts. Tighten the bolts and nuts in a criss-cross pattern. Go slow and do not tighten any single bolt or nut significantly more than any other. Try to keep them even as you are tightening them. Use a torque wrench set to 80 inch-pounds and work up to that torque carefully.
13. Plug in the wire plug at the bottom right side.
14. Reconnect the battery. Turn ignition to ON position (do not start car) and verify the D indicator is lit on the new shifter. If not, shift through the gears leaving it in the D (Drive) position. Turn off the ignition.
15. Back underneath the car; reattach the cable to the cable support arm on the new shifter. Make sure the two locking tabs are engaged in the holes so they will not come loose.
16. Align the shifter cable end onto the stud of the metal shift arm and press it on. It will pop on with moderate pressure. Be sure not to move the cable in or out while you are doing this. You want the cable to be in the D (Drive) position, the same as the TCI shifter. Finally, press down on the yellow locking tab to lock the cable end.
17. Back inside the car; place the TCI shifter in PARK; turn ignition ON and verify the PARK indicator light is lit on the shifter.
18. At this point you can lower the car and take it for a test drive before replacing the console trim and shifter bevel.
19. Reinstall the console top trim and chrome shifter bevel in reverse order of removal in steps 4 and 5.
20. Installation is complete!