Refer to the appropriate shop manual for your vehicle to obtain specific service procedures for this part. If you do not have a service manual or lack the skill to install this part, it is recommended that you seek the services of a qualified technician. Pay special attention to all cautions and warnings included in the shop manual! Read and follow all instructions carefully!
WINDOW LIFT MOTOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Window regulators may vary in design, it will be necessary to obtain a shop manual for safe removal, installation and handling of window regulators.
CABLE TYPE REGULATORS
IMPORTANT: Some regulator cable spools will unravel if not handled properly. Refer to Service Manual for proper removal of Motor from cable spool.
Cable style regulators require special handling for successful removal and installation of the window lift motor. These instructions will help prevent the spool from coming apart and resulting in the complete replacement of the motor/regulator assembly.
- Remove the regulator according to the shop manual. Make sure to support the window glass in a safe manner
- Unbolt or remove the retaining rivets holding the motor to the regulator.
- CAREFULLY lift the motor up out of the spool since some spools will come out of the housing with the motor. HINT: use a long thin screwdriver to help separate the motor from the spool.
- Remove the motor.
- Reverse the procedure to install.
SCISSOR STYLE REGULATORS
Scissors style regulators have an assist spring to help move the window glass. This spring is under pressure at all times. The regulator must be secured BEFORE removing the motor.
• Remove the regulator according to the shop manual. Make sure to support the window glass in a safe manner.
• BEFORE removing the motor from the regulator it will be necessary to secure the sector gear of the regulator by installing a bolt through the regulator body and the sector gear.
• Drill out any rivets or remove any bolts retaining the motor to the regulator.
• Reverse the procedure to install.
One of the three types of electrical connections will be supplied with each motor depending upon application.
• Adapters to lengthen the wires. Plug into existing wiring connector.
• Adapters to change trie connector type:
Plug into existing wiring connector.
• Butt type connectors. Strip the wires and crimp, then apply heat to seal connector. NOTE: Do not leave out this step. Failure to apply heat to the shrink type connector will allow water to enter and corrosion to form. This will result in premature failure of the wiring.