Updated Harness Kit.
If you have been modifying your classic 1987-1989 Foxbody Mustang with modern amenities you may need to upgrade your old factory wiring harnesses. This Classic Update Wiring Kit is ideal for modified and project Mustangs. It features a compact fuse box with aluminum mounting plate that can be used for both early and late model mounting locations and includes a 175 amp Mega Fuse for main system protection.
Dash Wiring Kit.
The Dash harness comes with all factory steering column connectors installed and is ready to plug into your Mustangs factory switches. New headlight and hazard switch connectors come pre-installed on harness. Wiring with new terminals for fog lights or rear defrost switches are included in the dash harness. New door switches and connectors for courtesy lighting are also included.
Instrument Cluster Wiring Kit.
The Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Supports most aftermarket gauge packages. This Kit is not
designed to connect to the factory gauge cluster.
Front Light Wiring Kit.
The Front lighting harness includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or custom appearances. New headlamp, directional, and marker lamp sockets come installed on the front light kit. Includes new windshield washer pump connector, electric fan relay trigger and brake fluid level wiring.Rear Body Wiring Kit.
Rear body harness comes complete with tail light, third brake light, turn signal, reverse lights, license plate lights and running light connections. As well as hatch, fuel pump and rear defroster connections.Engine Wiring Kit.
Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator.
This Classic Update Wiring Kit is specifically designed to fit modified 1987-1989 GT and LX Mustangs equipped with the 5.0L V8 engine. Not
intended as an OEM replacement. Technical Notes.
- This Wiring Kit should be used for modified applications only, it is
not intended as an OEM replacement.
- The fuel pump relay and inertia switch are
- This Kit supports the use of aftermarket and stand alone type fuel injection systems. It is
not intended to interface with the factory ECU or other body control modules.
- This Kit supports the use of a high current self-exciting 1-wire alternator or other style internally regulated alternators. An adapter may be necessary in some applications.
- This Kit is
not designed to connect to the factory gauge cluster. The Kit is configured to work with aftermarket gauge packages only.
This Wiring Kit does not
include the following connectors from your original harness, as they are obsolete and are no longer available. You will need to remove the following, which are illustrated for visual identification on pages 4 and 17, of the instruction packet:
From the dash harness:
- A/C mode selector switch connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- A/C illumination lamp connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Blower motor connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Wiper motor connectors (x2) (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Wiper module connector with 5” section of wires
- Fog light switch connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Defrost switch connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Defrost module connector (New terminals are supplied loose piece in the kit for this connector)
- Interior light dimmer rheostat connector (New terminals are on kit harness)
- Firewall grommets (x2)
From the rear body harness:
- Corner parking lamp socket; uses 194 bulb
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov