Original Exhaust System Removal Instructions:
Borla Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System Installation
- Loosen the clamps shown in figure 1 located just behind the h-pipe.
- Loosen the clamps shown in figure 2 located just in front of each muffler assembly.
- Beginning with the left (driver) side, using a flat blade screwdriver, pull the clip as shown in figure 3 to disengage it from the pipe.
- Remove the left (driver) side over axle pipe shown in figure 4 by removing the front of the pipe first then sliding it out of the muffler assembly.
- Remove the factory clamp for use during the installation of your new exhaust system.
- Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the removal of the right side over axle pipe.
- Lubricate hangers and rubber isolators.
- On left (driver) side muffler assembly, remove the hangers from the rubber isolators and remove the muffler from the vehicle as shown in figure 5.
- Repeat step 7 for the removal of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
- Place a clamp over the expanded end of the left (driver) side muffler assembly and set it up into position as shown in figure 6 installing the hangers into the rubber isolators.
- Repeat step 1 for the installation of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
- Place the original clamp over the expanded end of left (driver) side over axle pipe and set it into position as shown in figure 7 by first installing the rear portion into the muffler assembly.
- Repeat step 3 for the installation of the right (passenger) side over axle pipe.
- Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment.
- Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the Accuseal™ clamps to 32-35 ft. lbs.
- Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
- Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.
- When you first start your vehicle after the installation of your new Borla Performance Exhaust System, there may be some smoke and fumes coming from the system. This is a protective oil based coating used in the manufacturing of mandrel bent performance exhaust tubing. This is not a problem and will disappear within a very short period of time after the exhaust has reached normal operating temperatures.
- Congratulations! As shown in Figure 8, you have completed the installation of the world famous Borla Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust System.
Installation instructions provided by Borla Performance Industries