1. Left over axle pipe
2. Right over axle pipe
3. Right muffler assembly
4. Left muffler assembly
5. 2.50” clamp (qty 2)
Caution!!! Never work on a hot exhaust system. Serious injury in the form of burns can result If the vehicle has been in use and the exhaust system is hot, allow vehicle to cool for at least 1 hour. Always wear eye protection when working under any vehicle. Note: It is our recommendation that you use a hoist or hydraulic lift to facilitate the installation of your new Borla Performance Cat-BackÔ Exhaust System.
Taking all under car safety precautions, lift the vehicle using a hoist or hydraulic lift. Once this has been done, you may begin the removal of your old exhaust system from your vehicle.
Note: Before removing the original exhaust system from your vehicle, please compare the parts you have received with the bill of materials provided on the previous page to assure that you have all the parts necessary for the installation of your new Borla Performance Cat-BackÔ Exhaust System.
Original Exhaust System Removal
Note: With a used vehicle, we suggest a penetrating spray lubricant to be applied liberally to all exhaust fasteners and allowing a significant period of time for the chemical to lubricate the threads before attempting to disassemble.
1. Loosen the clamps shown in figure 1 located just behind the h-pipe.
2. Loosen the clamps shown in figure 2 located just in front of each muffler assembly.
3. Beginning with the left (driver) side, using a flat blade screwdriver, pull the clip as shown in figure 3 to disengage it from the pipe.
4. Remove the left (driver) side over axle pipe shown in figure 4 by removing the front of the pipe first then sliding it out of the muffler assembly.
5. Remove the factory clamp for use during the installation of your new exhaust system.
6. Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the removal of the right side over axle pipe.
7. Lubricate hangers and rubber isolators.
8. On left (driver) side muffler assembly, remove the hangers from the rubber isolators and remove the muffler from the vehicle as shown in figure 5.
9. Repeat step 7 for the removal of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.