1. Inspect product for damages that might have been caused by shipping before installing on vehicle. Retro USA Inc. will not accept damaged returns that have been installed on the vehicle.
2. Do not remove any red tape linings before installation. These will be removed during the installation process.
3. Prepare vehicle for installation by cleaning all adhesion surfaces. Vehicle surface must be clean and dry for proper adhesion. Use isopropyl alcohol and a cloth to remove existing wax and dirt residue.
4. Prepare Chrome-Tech™ Rear Bumper for installation by applying included automotive adhesion promoter to the inside surface of the bumper. Caution: Do not apply adhesion promoter to the chrome film.
- To make the red lining tabs easily accessible during installation, fold the tabs back 45° in the direction that they will be pulled. It may be necessary to slightly lift the part during installation so that the linings pull off easily and do not tear.
Product Care Tips
- Care for Chrome-Tech™ products as you would care for an automotive paint finish. Waxes and scratch removers may be used to protect and restore finish.
- Avoid the use of oil based lubricants around Chrome-Tech™ products.
- Do not use chrome cleaning products on chrome film. Use of chrome cleaning products will void product warranty.
Rear Bumper Installation
1. Place insert DR on the driver side of the rear fascia as shown below. Be sure all 5 inside tabs are accessible. Use the light pressure to locate the insert on the fascia. Insert should fit snug against fascia surface.