1. Raise the vehicle up on a hoist or rack to working height. If you do not have access to a hoist or rack raise the vehicle and support securely with jack stands.
2. Separate the steel tailpipe hangers from the rubber mounts at the rear of each tailpipe. A lubricant may ease removal.
3. Remove the stock tailpipes from the vehicle and set aside.
4. Support the stock mufflers with a stand.
5. Remove the two nuts at the muffler to catalytic converter connection.
6. Separate steel muffler hanger on the rear of the muffler from the rubber mount on the vehicle.
7. Remove stock mufflers from the vehicle.
1. Before installing anything, prep the clamps supplied in the hardware kit by removing the outstand applying a thick lubricant such as white grease or anti-seize to the threads.
2. Bolt hanger#HA324to the underside of the vehicle beneath the right rear seat, just like the factory hanger on the left side. Use the supplied 5/16” x 1” nuts, bolts and lock washers to install. Repeat on the right side using hanger#HA345.
3. Take the Y-pipe muffler assembly#16300and place into the muffler location under the vehicle. Slide the two hangers welded to the rear of the muffler into the rubber mounts on the vehicle. Connect the flange behind the catalytic converter. Install the two bolts and tighten enough to hold in place, but still allow for adjustment.
4. Install the left side tailpipe#16232by sliding it over the rear axle (from rear to front). Slide the hanger welded to the tailpipe into the rubber mount at the rear of the vehicle. Slide the front end of the tailpipe into the muffler outlet. Repeat this step for the right side tailpipe#16233. Place a 2 1/2”clamp onto the outlet of the muffler and tighten enough to hold in place, but still allow for adjustment.
5. Adjust and align the position of all the pipes to provide a satisfactory fit. Maintain at least ¾”clearance around the new FLOWMASTER Exhaust System, the drivetrain and all chassis components. Also keep suspension travel in mind.
6. After the hangers are adjusted to their final position, place the provided hanger keepers on the two muffler hangers. This will keep the hangers from slipping out of the rubber mounts.
7. For a cleaner appearance and more secure installation, we highly recommend welding all slipfit connections. If you live in a geographical area that has harsh winters or sees a great deal of precipitation, the use of high temperature paint over the welded areas can help to prevent surface rust and premature corrosion.
|Box 1 of 2 (5017)|
|Box 2 of 2 (1025)|
|1||Right Muffler Hanger||HA324|
|1||Right Tailpipe Muffler||HA345|
|2||2 1/2” Clamps||MC250S|
|3||5/16” x 1” bolts|
|3||5/16” Lock Washers|
|4||7/16” Hanger Keepers|