25. Attach the supplied pigtail connector to the “ENGINE START” push-button connector.
26. Reinstall the radio trim panel, while carefully routing the wiring harness towards the ignition switch connector previously referred to in Figure 14.
27. Disconnect the ignition switch connector, referred to in Figure 14. There is a release tab for easy removal.
28. On the ignition switch connector, there is a GREEN wire on the far outside. You will need to cut this wire loose from the ignition switch connector. Attach this GREEN wire to either wire of the “ENGINE START” push-button pigtail; it does not matter which one.
Note:For this connection, you may use the supplied Quick Disconnect Heat-Shrink Terminals, but for best results, it is recommended that you solder this connection and Heat-Shrink or tape the exposed splice.
Note:Failing to cut this GREEN wire from the connector, will still permit the vehicle to be started with the key.
Note:For 2010 models, use the blue wire with the white stripe
29. On the opposite end of the GREEN wire in the ignition switch connector, there is a WHITE wire on the far outside. You will need to SPLICE into this wire with the remaining wire coming from the “ENGINE START” push-button pigtail.DO NOT CUT THIS WHITE WIRE!!!
Note:You may use the supplied Crimp-Lock connector, but for best results, it is recommended to solder this connection and Heat-Shrink or tape the exposed splice.
Note:For 2010 models, use the light gray wire with the purple stripe
30. Once all of the above necessary connections have been made, re-attach the radio trim panel using the (6) screws that were removed upon disassembly.
31. Re-attach the battery cable.
32. Confirm that the vehicle is in Neutral or Park, and test the installation by starting the vehicle. You will need to turn the key to the ‘RUN’ position for the “ENGINE START” push-button to work.
33. Once you have determined the proper function of the “ENGINE START” push-button, re-assemble the dash panel and center console, using the instructions provided, in reverse order starting at STEP 17.