3” aluminized steel cat to axle system with straight pipes and H-pipe, 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L
Note: this system will bolt up to factory mufflers and our performance # 1029030 and # 1029035 axle-back kits.
2) passenger & driver side S-bend extension # 1029046 2) passenger & driver side over the axle pipe # 1029051
1) passenger side straight pipe #1029056 1) driver side straight pipe #1029057 1) # 1029052
6) # A30AF 3” clamps 4) # 93-0101 Euro clamps
DANGER WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that pleasure car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds. Limitation of liability--Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties. The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer. The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer. In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
NOTE: DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY BOLTS OR CLAMPS UNTIL THE LAST STEP!!
1. Disconnect the battery (this will allow the vehicles computer to reset and read the new exhaust system).
2. Support the vehicle in a safe manner, using a shop hoist or frame contact jack stands on a level surface. Remove the exhaust at the clamps behind the converters. Leave the o.e. rubber hanger mounts on the car, as well as the o.e. mufflers, unless you will be also installing an additional axle-back system (now is a good time to do so though!!).
3. Install the driver side (left) over the axle pipe to the muffler using a 3” clamp. These are the same for driver and passenger side.
4. Repeat step 3) for the right (passenger) side.
5. Install the driver side (left) straight pipe to the H-pipe using a 3” clamp, the outlets of the both pipes have an over the axle elbow welded on.
6. Repeat step 5) for the right (passenger) side.
7. Install the h-pipe to the S-bend extensions using the new 3” clamps.
8. Install the driver and passenger side S-bend extensions to the o.e. converters using the included new Euro clamps. The inlet of both ends has the flare, and they route the exhaust in towards the drive shaft. These are the same for both the driver and passenger side.
9. Once the new pipes are hooked up to the o.e. hangers, connect the over the axle pipes to the rear mufflers (or install the new axleback kit), using the new Euro clamps.
10. Check for clearance of the frame, body, suspension members, and of all brake and fuel lines. When you are satisfied with how the system hangs, tighten the clamps. Reconnect the battery.