Please Note: This installation guide is for the JLT Oil Separator, a plug & play install for the 1999-2004 Cobra. It can be used on non-Cobra models as well with slight modification to the PVC hoses. This guide was completed on a V6 Mustang, but the steps would be the same for all non-Cobra models. Instructions to install on Cobra and non-Cobra models will be included. Please read carefully and follow the steps for your model.
*Cobra models skip ahead to Step 3.
- For non-Cobra models: Remove the hard plastic PCV line that runs from the driver side valve cover up to the upper intake manifold.
- For non-Cobra models: Cut the hard line just before the bend on each end as shown.
- For ALL models: Using the supplied bracket, hold it up to the plastic windshield cowl and mark the mounting holes with a pencil. Mark a place close to what you see in the picture, so that you maintain hood clearance and to assure the hose will fit properly.
- For ALL models: Drill the holes you marked with a 7/64 drill bit. You want to drill a much smaller hole because it will give the screws more material to bite into and to assure your bracket doesn’t come loose.
- For ALL models: Using the supplied coarse sheet metal screws and a Phillips screwdriver, install the mounting bracket. You can use a hand screwdriver or a Phillips bit in a drill for this step.
- For ALL models: Using the supplied fine thread machine screws, install the Oil Separator to the mounting bracket. The separator should be facing forward with the JLT text easily legible.
**Cobra models skip to Step 10.
- For non-Cobra models: Cut the supplied JLT hose in half creating two 12” sections.
- For non-Cobra models: Install one section of hose over the valve cover fitting you cut earlier. Reinstall the valve cover fitting with new hose and run it under your coil pack and up to the right side of your separator. Trim excess if needed.
- For non-Cobra models: Install the other section of hose over the intake fitting you cut earlier. Reinstall the intake manifold fitting with new hose and run it over to the left side of your separator. Trim excess if needed.
- For Cobra ONLY: Remove the PCV connection from the PCV valve and install the supplied JLT hose in its place. Install the other end of the new hose to the right side of the oil separator. Trim excess.
- For Cobra ONLY: Reconnect the stock PVC connection onto the left side of the oil separator.
- For ALL models: Double check all your connections and your mounts and then you are good to go!
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Andy Tamlyn 1.26.12