Verify you have all of the following parts included in the kit:
(1) JLT Intake tube with PCV fitting and IAT grommet, (1) 4.5" 45° Rubber Elbow, (1) 4.5"-4" Silicone Reducer, (1) MAF Silicone Spacer, (1) MAF Gasket, (1) MAF Adaptor with bolts, (3) #72 Clamps, (1) #64 clamp, (1) 4x9” Air Filter, and (1) Heat shield
- Gather all of the following tools needed for the installation:
5/16 Nut Driver, 10mm Open End Wrench, 11mm Open End Wrench
- Remove your stock intake system from the throttle body to the filter housing.
- Unbolt your Mass Air Flow Sensor from the filter housing, and install the MAF filter adaptor using the supplied MAF gasket and bolts shown below. Do not reuse the screen BOLTS GO THROUGH MAF AND THREAD INTO ADAPTOR.
- Install the filter onto the MAF adaptor and the silicone reducer onto the MAF. Install 45° Rubber elbow and clamps on to the JLT tube. There is a SHORT side on the elbow, be sure to put the SHORT side on the tube (part# should NOT BE SEEN). Next install the tube into silicone reducer making a complete unit from throttle body to filter.
- PULL the Inlet Air Temperature sensor from your stock inlet and install in the grommet on bottom side of JLT tube.
- Tuck air filter behind the headlight and lower down onto throttle body. Tighten only the clamp on throttle body.
- Plug in IAT sensor, MAF sensor and PCV connection. Using the stock air box bolt, install the heat shield.
- Go back and make any adjustments to the tube and tighten the clamps. Installation is complete. CLAMPS ONLY NEED TO BE LIGHTLY SNUG
This kit includes an S&B Powerstack pre-oiled reusable air filter. The frequency you should clean your filter will depend on your driving conditions. It is recommended to check your filter at every oil change or 3,000 miles. If there is a build up of dirt as thick as the wire mesh, then it’s time to clean your filter. As dirt builds up on your filter, the restriction of the airflow also increases. More frequent cleanings will improve your fuel economy and your vehicle’s performance.