This elbow adapter is used when installing a Professional Products 54020/54021 Intake Manifold system on a 1994 or 1995 Mustang. You will also need our EGR Supply Adapter#54152 and a Ford Racing strut tower brace #M-20201-A51 or Edelbrock strut tower brace #5225. Manifold will not clear stock strut tower brace.
- Remove the stock strut tower brace before installing manifold. Install manifold base per the instructions that come with the manifold.
- Before installing the upper plenum, drill out the threaded bolt hole shown in Figure #1 with an 11/32" drill. This will allow the installation of the supplied5/16" bolt from the back thru the Elbow Adapter. Note: If upper plenum is already installed, you can still drill out this hole but make sure that all chips are collected and not allowed to get into engine.
- Install the upper plenum portion of the manifold assembly per the instructions supplied with manifold.
- Remove the two throttle bracket studs from your stock manifold and install them into the two tapped holes on the Elbow Adapter. See Figure #2.
- Install Elbow Adapter to upper plenum using supplied gasket and (2) supplied studs. Use the black 1-1/4 long 12-pointbolt in upper rear position as required for clearance. Put the 5/16-18 x 1.75" bolt through manifold flange from back side. Use nut on front of Elbow for this bolt. Use studs in other two holes. See Figure#1. Tighten bolts to 12-15 lb. ft.
- Install the four supplied studs into the throttle body face of the Elbow Adapter.
- Install throttle body onto Elbow Adapter using supplied gasket. Apply nuts, flat washers and lock washers on studs and tighten to 12-15 lb. ft.
- Install EGR valve using supplied gasket onto Elbow Adapter. Install Professional Products #54152 EGR Supply Adapter.
- Re-install all fittings, brackets and another parts removed during disassembly.
- The original 11/32" vacuum hose must be extended using the supplied5.5" long hose and the supplied hose fitting.
- Install aftermarket strut tower brace. Available from Ford Racing (#M-20201-A51) or Edelbrock (#5225).
(1) Elbow Adapter
(1) Throttle Body Gasket
(1) Adapter to Manifold Gasket
(1) EGR Gasket
(6) 5/16" x 1-1/2" T.B. Studs
(6) 5/16" Hex Nuts
(7) 5/16" Flat Washers
(7) 5/16" split lock washers
(1) 5/16" x 18 x 1-3/4" Hex Bolt
(1) 5/16" x 1-1/2" 12-pt Bolt
(1) 11/32" x 5.5" Long Hose
(1) 3/8" Hose Fitting
(1) 3/8" Pipe Plug (Installed)
(2) 1/8" Pipe Plugs
NOTE: All of the fasteners used in this installation are intended to be used with a flat washer, a lock washer, and a nut except the special black12-point bolt which does not use any washers or nuts.