Maximum Motorsports spent over two years optimizing their Mustang K-Member, both on the track and on the computer. The result is that the front of your car will corner like nothing else you've experienced. Unlike other Mustang K-Members on the market, strength, stiffness, and durability are given a higher priority than ultra-low weight so that your investment will last the life of your Mustang.
What makes the Maximum Motorsports K-Member unique:
Proper installation of the K-Member will also require the use of the following parts:
- Maximum Motorsports' K-Member lengthens the wheelbase 3/4", which improves the front/rear weight distribution and increases caster.
- Maximum Motorsports optimized the vertical location of the control arm pivots. This improves the camber curve on lowered vehicles and improves the roll center height.
- Maximum Motorsports' K-Member offers two different vertical locations for the control arm pivots, allowing you to choose the one that's best for your car's ride height.
- Maximum Motorsports optimized the location of the steering rack for the greatest improvement in Ackerman steering geometry, which helps reduce understeer and tire wear.
- After extensive testing of anti-dive, Maximum Motorsports determined that Ford got it right! The stock amount of anti-dive is best, and that is what was built into the Maximum Motorsports K-member.
- Increased oil-pan clearance for all aftermarket oil-pans means oil-pan service is easier.
- Header clearance is increased by over 1" in critical areas.
- Easier access to the starter motor.
- Pre drilled plumb bob holes for easy and accurate squaring of the K-member to the car.
- The factory Ford Mustang K-Members weigh on average 50lb. The Maximum Motorsports K-Member weighs 36lb.
- Tubular front control arms (stock control arms are not compatible because of the large outside diameter of the pivot bushings)
- Caster/Camber plates
- Front Coil-Over conversion kit
- Aluminum steering rack bushings
- MM Adjustable Tie-Rod Ends