1- Left Side Mount Assembly
1- Right Side Mount Assembly
4- 7/16” Locknuts
These motor mounts are designed to replace the stock rubber mount found on 1979-1983 & 1993 Ford Mustangs originally equipped with the 5.0 Liter Engine. Check your application and the thickness of the existing mount before beginning installation.
NOTE: THERE IS A LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE MOTOR MOUNT ON THIS VEHICLE, AS INDICATED WITH THE STAMPED “L” AND “R”. BE SURE THAT YOU INSTALL THE CORRECT MOUNT ON THE APPROPRIATE SIDE. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD CAUSE INTERFERENCE BETWEEN THE HOOD AND THE INTAKE PLENUM.
- Jack the front of the car up and support it with jack stands.
- Loosen and remove the nuts that hold the motor mounts to the frame..
- Loosen the bolts that hold the motor mount bracket to the engine block and put these aside. You will need to reuse these later.
- Place a floor jack with a block of wood between the jack saddle and the oil pan sump.
- Raise the engine enough so that the motor mount assembly can be removed, then remove assembly.
- Your factory mount is two pieces. Separate the stock motor mount from the engine bracket.
- Mount the Moroso solid mount to the engine bracket using the supplied locknuts.
- Put the new assembly in place between the engine and frame.
- Reinstall the engine bracket bolts and lower the engine into the chassis.
- Install the supplied locknuts onto the motor mount studs that protrude through the frame.
- Tighten all nuts and bolts and lower the vehicle to the ground.