1. Remove the entire stock air inlet system from your Mustang by simply unclamping at the throttle body and removing the bolt attaching the air box to the inner fender well area. Disconnect all hoses, wiring, etc., and then pull upwards firmly on the airbox to disengage from the rubber grommet in the framerail.
2. Remove the mass-air sensor from the air filter box and attach to the new filter mount, using the supplied bolts and nuts, with the electrical plug portion at the top.
3. Attached the 2 supplied grommet studs to the fender filter mount with supplied hardware. The studs must be facing downward to slip into the rubber grommets in the framerail.
4. Install the assembled filter mount into your Mustang by pressing the aluminum studs firmly into the grommets on the framerail then attach at the grommet on the inner fender well using stock the hardware.
5. Slide the appropriate sized tube coupler over the mass-air sensor and attach with the supplied hose clamp.
6. Slide the other tube coupler over the throttle body end of the inlet tube with supplied clamps and install between the throttle body and mass-air sensor. Align the tube while tightening the hose clamps. (On some models, the coupler attached to the mass-air sensor will be larger than the inlet tube. This coupler is designed to clamp down more than usual and will provide a smooth transition from the mass-air to the inlet tube.)
7. Attach all tubes, wiring, etc., to the new inlet tube (some models will have hoses supplied to adapt to the OEM hoses).
8. Install filter from under the fender and clamp tightly into position.
- Note:Filter will not fit through the opening in the engine compartment, therefore it MUST be installed from underneath the fender.
(Click for Larger Image)
Pictured above is a cold air intake
on an '02 GT. Other installations may vary.