The Nitto 275/40-17 NT555R is a D.O.T.-compliant competition drag radial designed with maximum flexibility for the weekend drag racer. The NT555R combines a high grip compound and semi-racing construction to provide maximum traction at the starting line. The tire comes molded at 6/32 of an inch and features a unique reinforced belt package to provide improved traction and high-speed stability. The NT555R is the perfect performance radial for the street or strip.DOT approved.
Can be run on the street, and deliver up to 15,000 miles of tread life in normal street driving. However, this soft and flexible tread will wear much quicker than tread compounds formulated for regular passenger cars.Provides maximum traction on the track.
NT555R's are manufactured with the original tread depth of 6/32nds and are constructed with a specially formulated soft racing tread compound to provide maximum traction. High block rigidity, soft compounding and large contact patch provide extreme dry traction in race conditions. Low void ratio and large tread blocks optimize dry traction.Designed for competition drag racing.
The Nitto NT555R is designed primarily for competition drag racing, but is also very popular and exceptional on road courses, track racing, and drifting.5 Year Warranty.
This Nitto Tire comes with a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase. Some limitations do apply. Please see the Full Nitto Warranty
disclosure for details.Best Fit: 17 x 9 Inch 1979-2004 Wheels - REAR OnlyFeatures:
- Directional tread design
- Two wide steel belts and two nylon cap plies stabilize tread for superior traction and handling
- Steel sidewall inserts provide control and stability during extreme lateral acceleration
- Competition Drag Radial, Treadwear 100, Traction and Temperature A
NOTE: These are DOT street drag radial and racing specific compound and tread tires. They are designed to be used on the drive wheels only of your car during the summer and warm temperature months. For track or drag use, we recommend that they be appropriately "warmed up" before each run.
WARNING: Use during winter months/cold temperatures will result in structural damage leading to catastrophic tire failure!
Free Mounting & Balancing: Professional mounting & balancing is available on all wheels and tires when purchased together on the same order, so you can just swap your wheels in your driveway when they arrive. We even offer Free Nitrogen tire fill (see option above).
- FREE Mounting and Balancing in 48 hours
- State of the Art Onsite Tire Facility
- Scratch-Free process + Hidden Weights
- TPMS Sensors installed free on 07+ Mustangs (see wheel page for details)
- Free Shipping on any order to the continental 48 states
- Please allow an extra 1 to 2 business days on your wheel and tire package for mounting and balancing
Free Nitrogen Fill! AmericanMuscle is proud to bring you the option to fill your tires with pure nitrogen for FREE when we mount & balance your wheel and tire order. Filling your high performance tires with nitrogen has many benefits including:
- Improves Fuel Economy
- Cuts down weight
- Preserves your tires for longer life
- Tire Pressure is better equalized throughout the year
1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Details >>