Installing the OTS-1M5 into your 05-09 Mustang
The OTS-1M5 One-Touch Turn Signal Module adds a convenient One-Touch feature to your turn signals. When changing lanes or getting on/off freeway ramps, you just "touch" and release the signal lever. The signal will flash 6 times, then quit.
- The connections are made on wires going to/from the Smart Junction Box (SJB) which is located behind the passenger side kick panel. During the installation procedure, make sure the ignition is OFF. Make sure you have plenty of light so you can correctly identify the wire colors. NOTE: If you can't find the correct wire colors, DO NOT GUESS! Ask someone to help you identify them, or contact us at tech support. Incorrect hook-up can cause damage to your car!
- Remove the passenger side door sill trim and kick panel to expose the SJB. Using a 10mm socket, remove the single nut that holds the box in place. Tilt the box from the bottom to disengage the top tabs. Once removed, carefully rotate the unit without disconnecting any of the plugs. Unwrapping some of the tape helps make the harnesses more flexible. Locate the large connector on the bottom rear of the box (right side of the picture below).
- Referring to the picture below, find the RED/YELLOW wire exiting the large connector.
- Using a quick-splice, connect the YELLOW module wire to the RED/YELLOW harness wire.
- Rotate the SJB to expose the connectors on the front of the unit. Referring to the diagram below, find the small, blue connector and make the following connections:
- Using a quick-splice, connect the GREEN module wire to the VIOLET/WHITE harness wire.
- Cut the LT BLUE/RED wire about 2" from the connector and strip 1/2" of insulation from each end. Using a wire nut, connect the RED module wire to the LT BLUE/RED wire coming out of the harness.
- Connect the BROWN module wire to the LT BLUE/RED wire that goes to the connector.
- Cut the LT GREEN/ORANGE wire about 2" from the connector and strip 1/2" of insulation from each end. Using a wire nut, connect the PINK module wire to the LT GREEN/ORANGE wire coming out of the harness.
- Connect the VIOLET module wire to the LT GREEN/ORANGE wire that goes to the connector.
The module controls both the left and right turn signals. To operate either signal in One-Touch mode, quicky move and release the lever in the direction you wish to turn. Once started, the signal will flash 6 times then quit.
To control the signal in manual mode, move the lever to the first or second detent position as normal.
The timing can be changed to a range of about 2 to 8 flashes by following the procedure below.
- Start the car and put it in Park (Neutral for manual transmission cars).
- Tap the RIGHT TURN signal 5 times within 3 seconds. After 2 seconds the signal will flash once.
- Hold the RIGHT TURN signal on for the number of flashes desired. Make sure you include the full last flash.
- Release the signal lever. After 2 seconds, the signal will flash the new number. Programming is complete.