- The connections are made to wires going to/from the Body Control Module (BCM) which is located in the trunk on the passenger side behind the insulation panel, near the right rear side marker lamp. During the installation procedure, make sure the power to the car is OFF and the key is NOT IN THE IGNITION. Make sure you have plenty of light so you can correctly identify the wire colors. NOTE: If you can't find the correct wire colors, DO NOT GUESS! Ask someone to help you identify them, or contact us at tech support. Incorrect hookup can cause damage to your car!
- Unplug connector C4368B and unwrap it to expose the wires. Make the
- Cut the BLUE-ORANGE harness wire about 2" from the connector and strip 1/2" of insulation from each end. Using a wire nut, connect the RED module wire to the BLUE-ORANGE wire coming out of the harness.
- Connect the BROWN module wire to the BLUE-ORANGE wire that goes to the connector.
- Cut the GREEN-VIOLET harness wire about 2" from the connector and strip 1/2" of insulation from each end. Using a wire nut, connect the PINK module wire to the GREEN-VIOLET wire coming out of the harness.
- Connect the VIOLET module wire to the GREEN-VIOLET wire that goes to the connector.
- Cut the VIOLET-ORANGE and YELLOW-ORANGE harness wires about 2" from the connector. Strip the CONNECTOR ENDS only. Connect both the VIOLET-ORANGE and YELLOW-ORANGE connector wires to the WHITE module wire.
- Using TWO WIRE NUTS, cap off the harness ends of these wires SEPARATELY. Do not connect these wires to anything.
- Unplug connector C4368A and unwrap it to expose the wires. Make the following connections:
- Using a quick-splice, connect the YELLOW module wire to the YELLOWGRAY wire coming out of the harness.
- Using a quick-splice, connect the GREEN module wire to the BLACK-WHITE wire coming out of the harness.
Plug both connectors back in and make sure they are fully seated.
Optional Light Bar Switch
The OTT-1M10 module contains a built-in Light Bar Switch connection. It is used to disable the third brake light in the bar when the top is in the up position. When the top is down, the light bar turns on when you apply the brakes.
- If you have installed a light bar, you can make the electrical connections as per the following steps.
- Using a wire nut, connect the BLACK module wire to the GROUND WIRE of your light bar.
- Using a quick-splice, connect the POSITIVE WIRE of your light bar to the YELLOW-GRAY wire on the third brake light.
Since all cars are different, the module must be programmed for proper operation. You will program both the up and down motions. Programming can be done separately and in any order. Follow the steps below.
Top down programming:
- Make sure the top is fully up (if necessary, press and hold the button until it's closed). RELEASE THE LATCHES!
- One Touch the DOWN switch 6 times. The top will close.
- Press AND HOLD the down switch until the top is fully down, then release the switch.
- The top will raise a bit then lower to confirm proper programming.
Top up programming:
- Make sure the top is fully down (if necessary, press and hold the button until it's completely down).
- One Touch the UP switch 6 times. The top will lower.
- Press AND HOLD the up switch until the top is fully up, then release the switch.
- The top will open a bit then close to confirm proper programming.
The module controls both the down and up motions of the top. To operate in One- Touch mode, press and release the up or down switch. Once started, the top will travel to the end and then quit. When closing the top, the motor will continue to run for a few seconds to allow you to pull the top and fasten the latches. To stop the motion while in one-touch mode, press the switch again. To control the top in manual mode, push and hold the switch as normal.
NOTE: The "vehicle motion sensor" will continue to monitor the speed of the car and disable the top if the car is moving.