Part# 82-1122 H-Ptpe for 70-3232
Before beginning installation, read and make sure you understand all instructions, and have necessary equip'ment at hand.
Before working on the vehicle, make sure that it is well supported by jack stands or ramps of sufficient load capacity for the weight of the vehicle. NEVER work on any vehicle which is supported only by its service jack.
This H-Pipe is designed to connect Pacesetter headers part number 70-3232 to original muffler and tailpipes. It may not work with other headers.
Remove vehicle from stands, reconnect battery.
Start engine and check for exhaust leaks and rattles. Listen or watch for clearance issues. Test drive. It is recommended that all exhaust system clamps be re-torqued after the first hot-cold cycle, and periodically thereafter
Due to the lubricants used in the mandrel bending process, some smoke may be seen on initial startup. This is normal and not harmful. It will disappear as the lubricant burns off.
1. Disconnect battery.
2. Vehicle should be on lift (preferred), or on jack stands or ramps, and header installation complete.
3. Support front of exhaust and disconnect forward rubber exhaust hangers. Lower front of exhaust exhaust about six inches. Make sure that taipipe tips do not hit rear valance and front of exhaust comes down and rear comes up.
4. Slide driver side extension part #211221 part way onto collector of driver side header with outlet above muffler inlet.
5. Slide passenger side extension part #211222 part way onto collector of passenger side header with outlet above muffler inlet, while connecting the crossover pipes together and sliding HPipe forward as a unit.
6. Push muffler back and up in order to slide muffler inlets onto H-Pipe outlets.
7. Install U-Clamps at Header to H-Pipe jOints, and crossover joint, use original clamps at H-Pipe to exhaust system jOint. Snug clamp nuts, but do not tighten yet.
8. When you are satisfied that all components are properly aligned, tighten clamps.
9. If 02 sensors are to be used, Install 02 sensor bungs and sensors onto H-Pipe. Extend wires for sensors 'as necessary, and heat shrink splices. Install 02 sensors from original system and re-connect wires.