Before beginning installation, read and make sure you understand all instructions, and have necessary equipment at hand.
Before working on the vehicle, make sure that it is well supported by jack stands or ramps of sufficient load capacity for the weight of the vehicle. NEVER work on any vehicle which is supported only by its service jack.
This X-Pipe is designed to connect Pacesetter headers part number
70-3230/70-3229 to original muffler and tailpipes. It may not work with other headers.
1. Disconnect battery
2. Vehicle should be on lift (preferred), or on jack stands or ramps, and header installation complete.
3. Support front of exhaust and disconnect forward rubber exhaust hangers. Lower front of exhaust about six inches. Make sure that tailpipe tips do not hit rear valance and front of exhaust comes down and rear comes up.
4. Slide driver side extension part #211461 part way onto collector of driver side header.
5. Slide passenger side extension (X-Pipe) part #211462 part way onto collector of passenger side header, and onto the driver side extension. Slide assembled X-Pipe forward as a unit.
6. Push muffler back and up in order to slide tailpipe inlets onto X-Pipe outlets. Install bolts and nuts loosely.
7. Install U-Clamps at Header to X-Pipe joints, to exhaust system joint. Snug clamp nuts, but do not tighten yet.
8. When you are satisfied that all components are properly aligned, tighten clamps and bolts.
9. Install O2 sensors on X-Pipe. Reconnect O2 sensor connectors.
Remove vehicle from stands, reconnect battery.
Start engine and check for exhaust leaks and rattles. Listen or watch for clearance issues. Test drive.
It is recommended that all exhaust system clamps be re-torqued after the first hot-cold cycle, and periodically thereafter.
Due to the lubricants used in the mandrel bending process, some smoke may be seen on initial startup. This is normal and not harmful. It will disappear as the lubricant burns off.