STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
1. Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2. Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4. Chock the front and rear tires to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5. If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6. Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7. Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8. Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9. Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury.
10. Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11. Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13. Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
Follow procedures using the appropriate year (05-09) Ford Service Manual to remove the front and rear coil springs.
Remove Rear Jounce Bumpers
a. Grasp the foam rubber portion of the factory jounce bumper and pull off using a twisting and pulling motion.
b. Remove the 2 Jounce Bumper to Axle bolts (2 per side) using a T-40 Torx Driver.
Follow procedures using the appropriate year (05-09) Ford Service Manual to install the front and rear coil springs.
- The rear springs should be installed with the coated side upward.
- The front jounce bumpers should remain on the factory front struts. Do not remove.
- The front spring lower isolator should be carried-over from the production spring.
See picture below. The isolator should be installed as pictured with the second coil overlapping the end.