Thank you for your purchase of SilverHorse Racing products. Please read all directions before beginning the installation. A factory shop manual should be available for reference during installation. If, after reading these and any accompanying directions, you feel that you may not be able to complete the installation safely and properly, please seek out professional installation by certified technicians. Please read and understand our product purchase agreement (included) prior to starting installation. Vehicle should be off with key removed from ignition and in park with parking brake set prior to beginning installation. Expected installation time is approximately 10 minutes for a first-time installer.
1. Start by releasing hood lock, and opening hood. Support using factory prop rod if SHR hood strut kit or equivalent is not already installed.
2. Locate Power Distribution box in passenger forward area of engine compartment. It will be the same overall shape as the cover, and has two plastic tabs, one on each edge.
3. Clean top surface of distribution box with cleaner / degreaser of your choice, be sure to not use any cleaner that would attack the factory plastic. Wipe with paper towels.
4. Using included alcohol wipe, make a final cleaning of the top surface of the distribution box and allow to dry.
5. Peel protective backing from 3M tape that is already installed on the bottom of the power distribution box cover. Align tabs on edges with openings on sides of cover, and place part down onto power distribution box.
6. Using moderate pressure, hold cover on distribution box for 30 seconds to one minute to start the bond. Maximum bond will be achieved within 24 hours.
7. Close and latch hood securely when complete.