NOTE: This installation should be the same for all shifter handles regardless of knob thread size.
- Start by making sure your carís emergency brake is on.
- With the shifter in the neutral position, twist the shifter knob counter clockwise to remove. The knob may be really tight at first but will come loose without any added tools.
- After the old shifter knob is fully removed, slide on the Shift Boot Retainer. There is an allen set screw installed in the groove that you will have to loosen. After you loosen the set screw, you can know slide the Shift Boot Retainer on.
- Now screw on the supplied nut.
- Now itís time to install the shifter knob. The knob should be screwed on clockwise. I used the supplied nut to get the shifter knob lined up properly.
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer James Kliewer 3.23.12