|2||XFM10||2.5 Off-road X-pipe (SFM10B)|
|2||XFM13||2.5 Off-road X-pipe (SFM16B)|
|2||XFM16||2.5 Off-road X-pipe (SFM27B)|
|2||PFF10||2.5 Flow Tubes (LH & RH)|
|2||PFF13||2.5 Flow Tubes Flanges|
|2||MVV10||2.5 Violator Mufflers|
|2||TFM10||2.5 Tailpipes w/ turndown tips (SFM10B)|
|2||TFM16||2.5 Tailpipes w/ 3.0 tips (SFM16B)|
|2||TFM27||2.5 Tailpipes w/ 3.5 tips (SFM27B)|
|2||EVT51A||3.0" Angle Cut Tips (SFM16B)|
|2||EVT51||3.5 Angle Cut Tips (SFM27B)|
|4||HVC50|| 2.5 U-Clamps (with SFM10B, SFM16B & SFM27B)|
|4||HVC21||2.5 Band Clamps (with SFM16BS & SFM27BS)|
|1|| ||Bonus Pack|
S at the end of the part number indicates 304 polished stainless steel
Thanks again for purchasing your new 409 stainless steel Pypes Performance Exhaust Ford mustang headerback system. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. All kits include (1) Xpipe (2) Violator Mufflers, (2) tailpipes (2) flow tubes, (2) flow tube flanges, (4) clamps, and (1) bolt kit. If you find any component missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. Installation of this kit will require some simple tools; jack stands, box wrenches, deep sockets w/ ratchet, extension, a saws-all or hack saw and some penetrating lubricant. For a quicker and tighter installation, air tools are recommended. Technical assistance is available both online at www.pypesexhaust.com or 800- 421-3890.
- Begin by disconnecting the negative battery cable as you will be disconnecting electrical components. Place the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height to aid in an easier installation. Note: Removal of the rear tires will allow the tailpipes to go over the rear axle much easier.
- Unbolt the factory h-pipe and cat-back from the vehicle. Soaking your factory mounting points will allow for easier removal. If you still have a factory system on the car, you will need to cut the mufflers out of the system using a hack saw or a saws-all. Finish by removing the tailpipes from the rubber hangers. Be sure to check the rubber hanger to see if they are in good shape. Old stretched out rubber hangers will only make your new system hang and fit poorly. If new hangers are required, please contact your local Ford dealer, muffler shop, or auto parts store for replacements. Pypes Performance Exhaust has new kits available for the 99-04 owners, part number HFH30. This kit includes the 4 rubber hangers with 304 stainless steel brackets.
- Now its time to install your new x-pipe. Begin by installing the passenger side of the x-pipe first supporting the rear portion. Now install the driver side short leg on the header and making the connection to the passenger side of the x-pipe with the supplied 3/8 bolts. Leave all the connection points snug, do not tighten, as you will need to adjust the system later.
- With the x-pipe in place, you can now start on the cat-back. Tailpipes first, sliding them over the rear axle, placing the wire forms through the new hanger you have installed. If you purchased a kit with 3 add-on tips, slide the tips on to the tails, then slide the additional hanger through the boss on the top of the tip. Make sure to leave the set screw and clamp bolt loose for adjustment. Now install the hangers into the rubber mounts. A small amount of grease or liquid soap will allow the hanger to slide through easier.
- Next install the mufflers on to tailpipes. Your new Violator Muffler is directional, pay close attention the inlet stamp on the case. Again, a small amount of grease in the muffler inlet and outlet will allow for easy rotation when adjusting for the perfect fit.
- Next, install the flow tube flanges on to the flow tubes and slide them into the inlets of each muffler. The shorter flow tube belongs on the driver side of the vehicle. Once the flow tubes are in place, you can install the bolts to connect them to your new x-pipe. Snug the hardware just enough to allow rotation for adjustment. Now install the four clamps on the muffler necks, snug the nuts, but DONT TIGHTEN. Once these clamps are tightened you will not be able to adjust any of the components
- Last, make all your final adjustments for fit. Adjust all the x-pipes legs for correct fitment, tightening all connection points. Install your 02 sensors, some vehicles may require the wires to be lengthened or 24 extensions to be purchased. Next, make sure the mufflers are flat and parallel to the ground. Rotate the flow tubes for the best fit. Also make sure the tailpipes are positioned in the correct location under the rear bumper. Once you are satisfied with the fit, tighten all, the connection points on the x-pipe and cat-back. Air tools will allow the tightest clamping possible. Be sure to check all the connection points periodically as the hardware may come loose and affect the fit of your system. Now its time to fire up your mustang. Remember to listen and check for any exhaust leaks.
Note: Black residue at any of the connections indicate an exhaust leak.
Enjoy your new Pypes Performance Exhaust