Note: Read installation instructions before starting and test fit component before painting. Chin Spoiler is a molded Urethane part. To ensure the quality of your vehicle and the product, have your Chin Spoiler painted by a qualified professional automotive painting facility. We recommend that paint-curing temperature not exceed 150° F.
|1 Chin Spoiler||110021 or 110021-P|
|1 Hardware Kit||0511-6501-01|
|7 Ό-20 S.S. Button Head Screw||116023|
|7 Ό 20 Nut ||116024|
|7 Ό x 1 ½ Fender Washer||116025|
|2 Alcohol Packs||950006|
|1 Adhesion Promoter Pack ||950007|
|1 Roll ½ x 44 3m Tape||950010|
|1 Roll Ό x 42 3m Tape||950013|
Failure to follow instructions may result in loss of this product. Classic Design Concepts is not responsible for improperly installed Chin Spoiler. Tape surfaces must have a temperature of 70Ί F or above to properly adhere. If necessary, warm the vehicle and Chin Spoiler areas with a heat gun or hair dryer.
Apply 3m Acrylic Bonding Tape:
- Sand area to be taped on the part with 80 120 grit sand paper.
- Clean these areas with supplied alcohol swabs. Allow time to dry.
Caution: Proper ventilation should be used when handling all solvents. Inhalation and direct contact with skin or eyes should be avoided.
- Apply supplied Adhesion Promoter to these areas. Allow time to dry.
Note: Adhesion Promoter may discolor paint, apply only where needed. The drying time is generally 30 45 seconds but may depend on conditions. Tape should be applied within 1 hour of applying Promoter, in a dust free environment.
- Apply 3M Acrylic Bonding Tape. Cut tape with a razor blade where a continuous piece is not possible.
Note: Temperature of the part must be 70 - 110° F at the time of application.
- Apply even pressure along Tape to set. As a general rule, a minimum of 15 PSI should be used.
Note: Immediately after the tape is applied about 60% of the bond strength is achieved. After 24 hours approximately 75% - 80% is achieved and after 72 hours 95% + bond strength is achieved.
Apply 1/2 3m Acrylic Bonding Tape up to feature line on bottom side of Chin Spoiler (approximately 42)
Preparing the vehicle for Chin Spoiler Installation:
- Raise front of vehicle using ramp, hoist, jacks, etc. and properly support. To help ease installation, remove front wheels.
- Remove the 2 lower screws from wheel opening that secure the wheel well liner to the front fascia (Figure 1). Remove the splash shield, secured to vehicle by six 5.5mm head screws, four in the fascia and two in the radiator support. (Figure 2)
- With the splash shield removed you can access the locking tabs that secure the grille in the lower fascia opening (we removed the fascia for picture taking purposes). Lift the locking tab (molded portion of fascia) to release the grille tab from the fascia slot. (Figures 3 & 4)
- With the lower grille removed, mark the fascia for cutting. Measure from the front edge of the fascias lower lip back 1 (directly forward of the opening). From each end of the opening, mark a line straight out to the 1 line. (Figures 5 & 6)
- The cut will be made along the marked lines below the fascia opening. The top and side cuts will be made on the radius of the grille opening. (Figure 7)
Test Fit and Mark Fastener Locations:
- Install the Chin Spoiler to the fascia starting in the fascia opening. Stretch each end of Chin Spoiler into wheel openings. Start the screws in the wheel openings; do not tighten at this time. Using Masking Tape, tape the top ring of the Spoiler in place and mark the 7 Retainer hole locations with a marker. (Figures 8 & 9)
- Once verification has been made, remove the Chin Spoiler from the vehicle. Drill Fascia for Retainers with a Ό drill bit. Clean the fascia where the Acrylic Bonding Tape will contact and wipe with Isopropyl Alcohol, allow drying.
Chin Spoiler Installation:
- Peel approximately 4 of the red backing from the acrylic bonding tape in the areas between the grille and the wheel opening and from the acrylic bonding tape located under the opening.
- Install the Chin Spoiler to the fascia starting in the fascia opening. Stretch each end of Chin Spoiler into wheel opening. Secure ends of Chin Spoiler into wheel openings with the factory screws previously removed. Install the seven Ό-20 Button Head Screws through the Chin Spoiler and the fascia and secure with a washer and nut.
Note: Install the fender Washers on the topside of the Fascia. The corresponding area above the center hole in the Chin Spoiler will be removed during the removal of fascia material; the Fender Washer will span the gap to secure the Chin Spoiler to the fascia.
- Pull the red backing from bonding tape (4 tabs from above step) pressing over the tape area to seat the Bonding Tape to the Fascia.
- Reinstall Splash Shield to the factory locations at the radiator support and the bottom lip of the fascia with the factory screws.
Thank you for choosing Classic Design Concepts for your restyling needs. If you have any questions or concerns regarding installation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-624-7997.