Factory Seat Removal:
1. Remove lower seat cushion by pushing in the release clips between the lower cushion and the carpeted cross member below, there is one on each side, then lift and it'll come out!
2. Using an 8mm or 5/16 wrench, remove the clips that the lower cushion was attached to (two screws each). These are not re-used.
3. Fold down the upper cushion now, and remove bolts securing the top of the seat back. Then fold seat back up and remove the lower bolts/nuts and the black brace on late model vehicles. Now remove the seat back assembly (its heavy). It's easier to remove with the seat locked back.
4. If you are going to remove the seat belts, now is the best time!
Rear Seat Delete Installation Procedure:
1. Before installing the seat kit you must install the supplied pillars, you will notice 2 small metal brackets protruding from the back of the tower seat area, they have holes drilled in them, (94-98 vehicles may have them bent flush with the car, simply pry them up until they are level with the ground), this will support the bottom section of the seat kit once installed on top of them with the supplied hardware and washers.
2. Install the lower section, the industrial Velcro will hold this section in place. The pillars just installed will hold up the rear of the bottom section. Some vehicle with the Mach 460 sound system may have a plastic wire loom for the rear speakers and amps, if this is you case you may need to remove the plastic cover to allow the bottom section of your MMR seat kit to sit completely back and level.
3. Install the back section. Remove the upper two plastic push pins holding the rear speaker panels in place, they will be replaced with the two longer plastic push pins supplied (we have shaved them a little to aid in install) push them into the carpet(we do not punch the carpet), then into the metal cross member.
4. The back section rest ON TOP of the bottom section (not behind it). We have also included a small self tapping screw by customer request to hold the center of the top section in place
5. Using a hand drill simply push the self tapping screw though the MMR seat kit and into the metal support at the VERY TOP of the back section in the center about VA inch from the top, this will prevent the center from bowing out and flapping at high speeds with the top down.
6. Please note that this is a rear seat delete kit and is not designed for sitting on. Articles placed in the trunk should be secured, as this kit is not designed to prevent objects entering the passenger compartment.
Installation instructions provided by MMR