Application: Designed to fit 2005-2008 Ford Mustang Coupe, Edelbrock sub-frame connectors are stronger and more effective due to (1) Large welded surface area, (2) connects rear suspension connection point to engine cradle and front K-member, (3) ground clearance is minimally affected.
- Weld-on sub-frame connectors should be installed by a professional welder with proper equipment and a good understanding of welding dissimilar metals. The sheet metal used to form the sub-frame of the vehicle is relatively thin. The end brackets of the Edelbrock sub-frame connectors are made from 1/8 thick hot-rolled, laser-cut and formed to fit the vehicle’s sub-frame.
- Sub-frame connectors should not be installed on vehicles that have sub-frame damage due to accident or vehicles with weak or unequal rate springs.
|1||25-4085||Left Sub-frame Connector|
|1||25-4086||Right Sub-frame Connector|
|1||23-2156||Left Mid-frame Bracket|
|1||23-2157||Right Mid-frame Bracket|
|6||-||10mm - 1.5 x 20mm Hex Bolts|
|6||-||10mm Lock Washers|
|2||-||5/16 - 18 Hex Nut (Nyloc)|
|2||-||5/16 Flat Washers|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer. Improper installation will void warranty and may result in poor performance or vehicle damage.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Jack up and support vehicle, support vehicle with jackstands, rated to support vehicle weight on a level and solid ground. Jackstands must be set so vehicle’s weight is loaded as if vehicle were being supported by its wheels. A drive-on style lift or drive-on stands are preferred.
- Unbolt parking brake cable brackets from rear lower trailing arm sub-frame pocket.
- Remove under car wind deflectors.
- Remove nut retaining fuel lines just rear of left side wind deflector.
- Slide left side mid frame bracket #23-2156 above fuel lines, taking care when prying fuel lines down so not to bend or kink them. Bolt bracket to outer sill rail using two(2) supplied 10mm bolts washers and lock washer. There are nut inserts in sill rear.
- Unbolt only the left side rear engine - K-member bolts.
- While carefully prying down on K-member, slide left Edelbrock sub-frame connector #25-4085 between K-member and vehicle floor. Align front of Edelbrock sub-frame connector bolt holes with K-member bolt holes. Use supplied 10mm bolt washer and lock washer to bolt rear of sub-frame connector up to vehicle’s sub-frame. Mark around where Edelbrock sub-frame connector is to be welded to vehicle and mid sub-frame bracket. Remove Edelbrock sub-frame connector. Clean off paint and any under coating.
- Re-install left sub-frame connector and weld into vehicle. Protect fuel and brake lines from welding. Weld sub-frame connector to mid frame bracket. It may require clamping.
- Torque front K-member bolts to 80 ft. lbs. Use thread lock compound on threads.
- Unbolt only right side rear engine K-member bolts.
- Bolt mid frame bracket to outer sill rails in the 10mm nut inserts using supplied 10mm bolts washer and lock washer. The inside sub-frame bolt location should align with the middle bolt location that retained the wind deflector, use original bolt from wind deflector.
- While carefully prying down on K-member, slide right Edelbrock sub-frame connector #25-4086 between K-member and vehicle floor. Align front of Edelbrock sub-frame connector bolt holes with K-member bolt holes. Use supplied 10mm bolts washer and lock washers to bolt rear of sub-frame connector up to vehicle’s sub-frame. Mark around where Edelbrock sub-frame connector is to be welded to vehicle and mid sub-frame bracket. Remove Edelbrock sub-frame connector from vehicle, clean paint and any under coating from where welding is to take place.
- Re-install right sub-frame connector and weld into vehicle. Weld sub-frame connector to mid frame bracket. Clamping of pieces to close up gaps maybe required as weld is done.
- Torque front K-member bolts to 80 ft. lbs. using thread lock compound.
- Grind excess weld as needed. Clean and paint to prevent rust from forming.
- Attach parking brake cable brackets to studs on the inside of Edelbrock sub-frame connectors using supplied 5/16 nuts and flat washer.
- Replace nut on fuel line retainer clip that was removed in Step 5.
- Install under car wind deflectors.
- Connect negative battery cable.